View Single Post
Old 7th February 2021, 13:58   #1  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Binary compiled by ICL 2021 doesn't work on XP

I'm trying to compile MediaInfo with the latest "2021" version of the Intel C++ compiler. For whatever reason, the Intel C++ compiler now seems to be called "oneAPI DPC++ Compiler" and all traces of the normal Intel C++ compiler have vanished from their web-site. But that's not the problem. Except for that fact that the "/Qax" option has disappeared - which was the outstanding feature of Intel C++ compiler - it seems to work as usual

However, I noticed that the binary created by ICL 2021 doesn't work on Windows XP:

(works fine on my Windows 10 though)

The binary was compiled with VS2017, the "v141_xp" Toolset and the /MT option, so should be compatible with Windows XP.

Also, the binary was linked fully static. It think it definitely is not a missing dependency issue:

(If it was a missing DLL or a missing entry point problem,then Windows also would give a different error message, I think)

The NT header of the binary created by ICL 2021 looks as expected to me.

Operating system version and sub-system both are set to "5.1", i.e. Windows XP, which should be fine:

Trying to run the binary in WinDbg gives the following error (Win32 error 14001):

Win32 error 14001 is:
Quote:
14001 (0x36B1)
The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.
Any ideas what is going on here

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 7th February 2021 at 18:15.
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote