View Single Post
Old 13th January 2018, 17:28   #8  |  Link
Relight

I think all suggestions posted so far (thank you!) can be easily implemented - the only question is what is the best way to proceed.

What data is really necessary? Should the database just use FindVUK as the primary input method?

It seems there is at least some interest in what I have done so far. However, since I am not yet very knowledgable on the decryption side (for example candela mentions MK/VID calculation which I don't know), I would welcome to work in collaboration with any of the experts in the community.

Now that there are some entries as test data (thank you DavVador!), I will hold the submission form until the database is developed a little bit more, hopefully with help from anyone interested in advising on the data it should have, possible integrations, integrating previous data from KEYDB.cfg, etc.

I think it would be great to have users simply upload an XML submission from FindVUK - does that seem like a good idea? The whole UPC/Country thing really isn't required I think - I got into that because that's what others are doing with their spreadsheets - the SHA1 should be the identification method for people wondering if their particular UHD has had a VUK released yet.

I know it's more disc-related than decryption, but I like the region suggestion by candela, and I also wouldn't mind seeing info such as disc size and number of layers.

Last edited by Relight; 13th January 2018 at 17:40.
Relight is offline   Reply With Quote