View Single Post
Old 29th December 2007, 15:38   #249  |  Link
blizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzqw View Post
well AutoMen isn't know for offers very options and tweaks

anime ususally need more ref frames to get a smooth playback...

i will try this:
launch a at video quality 9
stop the encoding
open the mp4.bat
delete the first pass
on second pass change: "bitrate=" to crf=18, delete the pass=2
then relaunch

just to play a bit

BHH
Thanks, Buzz.

I run Caspar the Ghost (I have already transcoded that Keana anime I mention above from yesterday by now and deleted sources MPEG2) to see how it might work for future reference. As now it show a FPS around 7, so it isn't very fast and it skipping frames more then when I used Quantizer setting "Good" (CRF=18). (That anime transcoded at around 30 FPS with less skipped frames and it didn't look to bad, except for some scene where there was many small movement at once - explosion and dust/sky against a black universe with stars and many star ship going to pieces. That scene must be rather hard to encode for x264 encoder.)

My computer must be too weak to use those setting as 7 FPS will take a lot of time to finish transcoding.

I notice that you don't use CABAC very often, is there a reason to avoid CABAC? Is trellis a better option then CABAC? I have read and re-read MPLayer guide for MENcoder setting, but still feel a bit confused how these setting work out together. Both a supposed to handle movement, but in different way. Partition is meant to analyse pattern and it is a pay off between those capabilities in how CPU intensive those are during encoding and decoding. Your recommendation had a more a complex partition among other. Would that help to use another partition for anime or scene with many movement at once with Quality Good encoding?

____
By "tweaks" I mean that you can always open a batch file to make changes after you have created basic setting for which run once and stop the process and simply re-run it from there with new changes. It save some time to hand write all batch file from scratch each time and give a good example of what will work for beginners like me.
blizard is offline   Reply With Quote