View Single Post
Old 13th November 2019, 04:44   #17706  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhry View Post
There seems to be something wrong with the latest 1.25 of Ripbot and the 1.16 EncodingServer. I had reported issues with trying to get a batch to start properly (adding a file via Add worked, though), however as of today, even adding a file via that method did not work with distributed encoding. What happens is that the file demuxes and this and that fine, then the dist encoding master window pops up for pass1 and nothing happens. None of the server farm responds. Their encodingserver instances literally do not receive the TCP command at all. Nothing appears in the logging console. I switched out for 1.15.1.0 of the encodingserver and THEN they started to receive commands but were unable to open the file for writing to my shared folder. It's only when I went back to Ripbox 1.24 and used IT'S encoding client, and encodingserver 1.15.1.0 on all of my boxes, that everything started working again. INCLUDING batch processing! Some weird networking change has evidently been done in the code which breaks connectivity. I disabled my firewall and tested pings between the machines, no problem at all. The problem now is that using RB 1.24 I get the old error stating that video.265 file could not be opened. Are there any known distributed encoding connectivity issues that others have experienced with RB 1.25 and EncodingServer 1.16? Using Windows 7 SP1.

--Dhry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
What happens If you run ripbot264 on other machine? Do you still see the same issue? Record you desktop with some software (fraps or other) and upload somewhere. I would like to see that weird behaviour with my own eyes.

Ps. I also have win7 on all my machines and everything just works.
I concur...

I only just got around to "testing" the latest update (08-11-19), and it's completely ruined DE !!!

Not using DE works fine !!

So I have recorded my desktop (using OBS, Fraps doesn't like W10, apparently).

https://www.mediafire.com/file/aoz3z...49-35.rar/file

I have shown most of RB screens in the capture...there's just nothing connecting.

Also, there needs to be a "flyout" of what the new buttons do, in the left column of Encoding Client do (you'll see what I mean in the capture)

Also, running W10 1903, and just because it works on W7, doesn't mean it will work on other versions...

You might also notice that when the Job is aborted, it kills RB, but leaves the Clients in the Task Bar.

I have had to return to the previous build.

And another thing I'd like to mention (which has been a problem for me for a long time), after you add a new Job, and then start that Job, it won't start processing....RB has to be re-started beforehand !!

Last edited by Pauly Dunne; 13th November 2019 at 06:27.
Pauly Dunne is offline   Reply With Quote