Thread: Avisynth+
View Single Post
Old 21st October 2019, 04:06   #4897  |  Link
qyot27
...?

AviSynth+ 3.4.0 released [2019-10-20]

https://github.com/AviSynth/AviSynthPlus/releases

AviSynth+ 3.4.0 has been released. I debated whether to post a new thread in order to make sure it was visible, but I figured that even if a dedicated release post gets made, it should also be posted here too.

Back in June there was a somewhat-short discussion about the versioning and a new release. Since there weren't any objections brought up about the commit I'd mentioned as having done a version bump, and nearly four months went by, I simply went ahead and did it. Another big reason is that there's a MAJOR patchset I've been working on in manic bursts over the last month, and since it changes a good amount of things I wanted to make sure there was a solid official release to point to before a lot of the work hammering that patchset into shape really gets going.

3.4 is pretty boring, all told. As the big changes from pull request #101 were already committed to MT several months ago, 3.4 basically catches up with pinterf's development branch (r2915 from late August) and has a small number of additional patches to smooth over the packaging process and officially roll over to the new versioning.

Some other highlights:
  • MT was finally merged back into the master branch.
  • A new '3.4' branch was created to [hopefully] track releases in the 3.4 series from this point forward.
    • How to do third-number version releases is still an open question; should it be vital bugfixes only? A generic X number of months rolling forward? Really open to suggestion here.
  • Part of the release is actually a GCC build of 3.4. Installation notes included (and packaged in a 7zip archive instead of an installer) because I haven't added the requisite logic to the InnoSetup script to handle FHS-style install paths yet.
  • Due to the version bump, don't be surprised if some curmudgeonly software that didn't like using AviSynth+ suddenly starts working with it.