View Single Post
Old 21st March 2018, 16:50   #49674  |  Link
brazen1

Hi Manni. Thank you. TBH, this whole 4K60p was just a test bed and I've learned plenty from you guys as always. I've yet to run across a real world example of 4K60p other than those test files as my rips are 4K23p but in the event they manifest, this knowledge is good to better understand how to deal with them and if it's ok with you I'll hit you up for profile codes when/if applicable. Actually I think there was that Billy Lynn title but I don't own it. I assume these profiles for dithering are based on resolution and would be created in Display connected to AVR tab?

In the mean time I assume leaving madVR setting to dither at 10bit or higher for 4K23p including (540p through 1080p 8bit at resolution from 23Hz to 60Hz) etc. when using RGB 4:4:4 remains the correct config or should I be using additional profiles since 1080p etc. are 8bit? In short, leave madVR at 10bit or higher for everything except 4k above 30Hz? Furthermore, I'm thinking the GPU is not doing dithering ahead of madVR and madVR will dither them down in these examples? Still foggy in this area. Btw, did new driver present any problems? Considering what I'm learning recently, no reason I shouldn't be using one of the newer drivers if not the latest.
brazen1 is offline   Reply With Quote