View Single Post
Old 24th May 2014, 13:31   #20335  |  Link
krassle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckwagon View Post
I didn't see that there had been a resolution to this problem, and I think I've run into the same issue.

I have only recently started playing with the import feature, so I'm not sure I really know what I'm doing. But, as a test, a tried to import an MKV file that is 1912x1072, using BDRB version 47.06. The resulting output is just a gray screen. Further digging led me to look at the pseudo BD created during the process, prior to backup and re-encode. Looking at the stream created from the MKV, for some reason, it is converted to 720x480. It plays fine, it's just small. Then when the re-encode takes place, BDRB thinks it's 1280x720. I believe this is where the fail occurs and the result is the gray screen.

Since tsmuxer was mentioned earlier, I back-revved it to a different version I had on my system from Aug of last year. (1.10.6) Using that version, the pseudo BD has a stream from the MKV that is now 1912x1072. It also plays fine, and is now the same size as the original.
So it would seem there is some oddity with the 2.6.12 version of tsmuxer included with the 47.06 build. It seems to resize the video, if it isn't 1920x1080, while creating the pseudo BD structure. And that resize seems to cause the re-encode to fail with a gray screen.

I don't have any 1280x720 sized MKVs readily available to test if they import ok, or any slightly off sized ones in the same 720 range. So I can't say if that has an issue or not.

I also have one issue with latest tsMuxeR (though not same) and after reverting back to v1.10.6 it disappears.
It seems either tsmuxer or MKVToolNix(or both) cut/add something from/to the elementary stream, so that after making a MKV out of AVCHD muxed m2ts source, there is seeking problem in software players(mpc-hc).
So I'm staying with old version for now, until I figure the cause.

Also MediaInfo does not show 'Writing library' & 'Encoding settings' entries in Video section anymore... Someone know why this is? (I liked being able to see x264 version & settings)

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk
krassle is offline   Reply With Quote