View Single Post
Old 22nd April 2010, 23:51   #1285  |  Link
qyot27
...?

About three weeks ago I used AVStoDVD to author a showcase disc of stuff and it went great (worlds better than my struggling with dvdauthor-centric solutions for months), so I'm very grateful. In testing other files with it recently, I ran across a couple things that present some problems. I'm only using already-encoded MPEG-2/AC3 files, with the 'Keep DVD Compliant Video/Audio' options selected so no transcoding is supposed to be going on. I'm using the 2.3.0 alpha 100323 version.

*I was relieved to see that 352x240/352x288 resolution files are accepted and actually kept at their resolution, but even though I know they're compliant (all files are encoded with the newest HCenc 0.24 beta, and the VCD-resolution/CIF stuff uses the exact same features as the Full D1 files, except for the average and max bitrates being set to 2000kbps), they still get re-encoded instead of passed through.

*If the video and audio track order are switched, it fails to identify the audio correctly and aborts. mplex from MJPEGTools isn't affected by this because it always puts video first. But mplex1 (from here: http://members.aon.at/johann.langhofer/mplex1.htm) puts the audio track first. Even tcmplex (which I mention because its logging messages are very close to those of mplex1, although I'm unsure of what the connection between them is) puts the video track first. It has to do with the 'map' parameter passed during the audio demux step. I'm guessing that's for those cases where the file has more than one audio track? If that's the case, is there a way to specify use of it only when the file has more than one audio track?

The command used for mplex:
mplex -f8 -V in.m2v in.ac3 -o out.mpg

The command used for mplex1:
mplex1 in.m2v in.ac3 out.mpg

I've uploaded the logs from AVStoDVD and source .mpg samples (a Full D1 mplex-muxed file as a successful control example, a Full D1 mplex1-muxed file, and two VCD-resolution/CIF files, one muxed with mplex and the other with mplex1), just in case you need them.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yomwjc2jngn

Last edited by qyot27; 22nd April 2010 at 23:56.
qyot27 is offline   Reply With Quote