View Single Post
Old 6th February 2011, 16:20   #110  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito View Post
I just get the debug console, CPU load stays at 90%, no other window appears.
It's normal and expected to the see the console window, as the console is enabled by default in all Beta builds (will be disabled by default in the "Final" version).

So what does the console say? At which point it stops proceeding?

And are you sure you aren't in "Mark" mode ("Edit -> Mark" or a simple left-click with QuickEdit enabled) in the console? As long as you are in "Mark" mode, the application will be frozen!

Also: In my experience poor "Anti Virus" software can slow-down the start-up process significantly! It's quite possible that you just have to wait a little longer...

(In my personal experience Avira Antivir is pretty fast, Microsoft Security Essentials is slower but still okay and NOD32 is slow like hell)

Quote:
My system is WinXP SP3 with all current updates.
Windows XP with Service-Pack 3 is one of my test platforms. And I have not experienced any problems so far...

Quote:
I have full admin rights, and all compatibility options also make no difference.
Please keep all compatibility options disabled. LameXP even would refuse to continue with compatibility mode enabled

Quote:
I do have a couple of VC++ redistributables installed (from 2005 to 2008).
Well, that's nice

But the pre-compiled LameXP binaries have been linked against the static MSVCR libraries, so you do not need to install the VC++ Redistributables.

(It certainly doesn't hurt to have them installed, but the pre-compiled LameXP binaries simply won't be effected)

Quote:
Do I need to install some other libraries first? If so, could you provide download links for them?
Nope. The pre-compiled binaries of LameXP are fully self-contained and work "out-of-the-box".

All dependencies have been linked statically for maximum ease of use. Still you might want to verify this with Dependency Walker, if you don't trust me

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 6th February 2011 at 16:34.
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote