View Single Post
Old 6th February 2011, 19:17   #115  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito View Post
It stops right after the disclaimer. The last words are "ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY". After this there is a blinking cursor, and that's it.
Strange

Best solution, of course, would be debugging LameXP on your system. But if you don't know how to do that, I could send you a "special" build with more debugging output.

Maybe we could locate the exact line where it stops responding...

Quote:
I do not have any of the usual resident AV scanners installed, they slow down my system too much. I use ThreatFire, and just to make sure that it is not to blame, I uninstalled it completely. No difference, though...
Indeed I had some trouble with ThreatFire myself.

It injects its own DLL into the address space of any running process, which reproducible caused MSYS to crash for me

I assume you did a clean reboot after uninstalling ThreatFire?

Quote:
So far the only other time that a program window just refuses to appear on my system is the Windows version of Devede. It uses the Python GTK library, and it just won't run on my machine. But according to their forum I am not the only one. Maybe the Qt library does not like my system, too.
Well, GTK+ and Qt both are cross-platform GUI frameworks. But that's it. They are two completely separate projects.

So your problems with Qt- and GTK+-based programs are most likely unrelated. However did you try other Qt-based software on your machine?

For example SMPlayer or Avidemux 2.5?

Also: Did you make a clean "format + re-install" of your system recently? This sometimes works wonders with "unexplainable" Windows bugs

Quote:
I should mention that my machine is quite ancient. My graphics card is an ATI Rage Pro Turbo AGP 2x, DX9 is installed, and according to DXDiag everything works without problems.
Qt fully supports Windows XP and it doesn't need any special 3D hardware. There is some support for OpenGL in Qt, but I don't use that in LameXP.

After all, LameXP works fine even on my Windows 2000 machine, although Windows 2000 is not officially supported by Qt 4.7. It even works under Linux/Wine.

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 6th February 2011 at 19:50.
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote