View Single Post
Old 26th July 2018, 16:34   #62  |  Link
bradwiggo

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
Yes; as mentioned earlier, I aligned them temporally (using trim , so the start frame is the same) , and spatially by resized them. (so they are the same dimensions). This enables you to stack them or view in different tabs superimposed

Another way you can do this frame by frame on a single 720p monitor is split screen and in avspmod (e.g. left half YT, right half jm_fps) , but put the reverse in tab 2 (e.g. left half jm_fps, right half YT). So you could advance frame by frame with arrow keys and swap views by hitting number keys (1 for tab 1, 2 for tab 2)

It's important to just "watch" it normally for motion issues, but having them superimposed in different tabs and looking frame by frame reveals problems each version too. For example there are worse problems in YT version at the end zooming away from the tower. But overall, the motion "smoothness" is the same, and overall the motion artifacts are very similar; you can tell that some mvtools2 derivative was used for sure because of this
Something I have just noticed is the two clips in the compare.mp4 video you made are slightly different colours. I used xnView MP (my default image viewer) to look at a screenshot I took of the video. I got the RGB colour value of the same pixel on each video, and the top one was RGB(197, 167, 241, 255), and the bottom one was RGB(201, 169, 251, 255). Did you download the youtube video directly from youtube using a downloader, if so do you think this colour difference may be down to youtube's compression?
bradwiggo is offline   Reply With Quote