View Single Post
Old 26th July 2018, 17:38   #65  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwiggo View Post
There is also a download link in the description I think. Does interpolation to 60fps cause problems as it was originally 24fps? In the interpolation script it said fps = 25, and I though that might have caused the original stuttering, so I later changed it to 24fps, but the output video was the same, does it automatically detect the framerate?
For that script, you enter the desired framerate (59.94) . Other types of scripts have slightly different syntax. For example, SVPFlow uses a multiplier for numerator and denominator

Code:
FFVideoSource("test1.mkv")
jm_fps(59.94)
So if FFVideoSource is loading the video correctly at 23.976, jm_fps will interpolate that to 59.94

It interpolates from the fps avisynth "thinks" the source is. That is partially determined by the source filter

So if you have a source filter that returns an "off" frame rate, you could possibly get the wrong results

You can use info() to "see" what avisynth "thinks" the framerate is, with the video only . It will print out an overlay on top. Some source filters have problems with some sources or containers, and you might have to make adjustments . That might have caused some of the issues you were seeing earlier and in the videohelp thread . (But another difference for sure, is the scenechange blending vs. duplicates)

eg.
Code:
FFVideoSource("test1.mkv")
Info()

When you align clips, or compare them in different tabs, or stack them - it's very easy to see something is "off" right away . Or that they match.
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote