View Single Post
Old 27th July 2018, 15:27   #80  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwiggo View Post
So my interpolated video will have loads of artefacts most likely? How should I fix this, as it has never done this before?
It's just an educated guess. A clean interpolation will result in a much lower ratio. There can be other explanations too, maybe you messed up the settings, or it's not passing the correct commandline etc...

Take a look at the results first. Look frame by frame. It's the inbetween frames that have problems like edge morphing artifacts. A character might have 3 legs when walking , 3 arms when waving. (its the inbetween frame that isn't calculated cleanly). Because there are large differences, the bitrate will shoot up at a given CRF. But a clean interpolation where everything looks "normal" will have much lower bitrate

It's a matter of perspective or opinion; "is the glass half full or half empty" . For example you though the YT video was good. Many people here did not like the artifacts . Some people would rather have a duplicate frame or blend or other options instead of the ugly artifacts. It's a matter of opinion or what type of scenario you're working with

I think this was already discussed in some earlier posts - With current technology you can't fix these problems easily. They require a lot of manual work, masking, motion tracking, guiding motion estimation, compositing layers , patching areas. It's not like photoshoping each frame, but there is a steep learning curve on composting techniques tips and tricks. And it's tedious and takes a lot of time.

The MysteryX FrameRateConverter script is probably the closest thing that attempts to mask out problems or at least have options to address some of the issues automatically. Realistically it's far from perfect too.

There was a link referring to Nvidia AI - that looks very promising if you can believe demos
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote