Old 24th September 2015, 21:14   #33158  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amayra View Post
i have a sample problem i lose my calibrate for my monitor after use dx11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
Is the window touching text in the OSD only supposed to update when the window is changed like it does ATM?
I'm not sure what the two of you mean. Can you clarify?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeFall View Post
I think Lav Video Decoder renders the subtitles, you'll have to ask nevcairiel for more information.
You're right. I'm talking to nevcairiel, trying to find a solution. Not sure yet if he's willing, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
sent a bug report via madvr. 0.89.3 with mpc-be is not showing video & crashing.
Hmmm... That looks pretty bad. The NVidia OpenCL driver seems to crash when releasing some resources. It could be some buffer overrun bug caused by anyone (including madVR), or it could be a "simple" bug in the NVidia driver. Does this happen 100% every time? Have you tried installing a different GPU driver version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hprd View Post
The issue with freezing when enabling image doubling and NVidia CUVID is enabled. (or is this solved by now?)
AndreaMG has proven that it's not madVR's fault, but a general incompatability of CUVID with OpenCL on Windows 10, which also occurs when using EVR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post
BTW whenever a new mVR build is released and I want to open its control panel I have to wait quite a bit(around 5/10 secs) for a window to ask me whether I want to authorize it to run on my system, I get the same window with other .exe's but it goes a lot faster. Am I the only one? UAC is disabled for that matter and I'm on W7SP1.
I haven't seen that here yet. No idea where it comes from. FWIW, if I removed the digital certificate, it would very likely be exactly the same, or even worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
Instead of re-naming the files when switching to release/debug build, you should just register the desired file. It will then replace the existing registration. Should result in less confusion I think.
That's not a bad idea at all. The problem is that some users seemed to have problems with the "install.bat" and "uninstall.bat". So your suggestion might be the more logical and less confusing solution, but I fear that it might be less reliable. I'm not totally sure, though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chros View Post
Thanks, and you're right, I'm using old exclusive mode 'cause it's way faster (at least it was) than all the others. (I'll test this tonight.)
It's a sad news: can't you do anything about it? (using these 2 feature as well in old exclusive) It's not a problem if not, but it would be nice to have them. Thanks!
It's a technical limitation and there's not much I can do about it, without totally rewriting the "old exclusive mode".

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBhd View Post
I am fairly certain that I went through the new madVR first before wiping the old AMD driver and installing the new one. So I am confident that it was this latest madVR that finally fixed the D3D11 issues I had. With that said, I could do a quick and dirty rollback of madVR to see if this is indeed the case.
It's not really important, I guess, just wondered...

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
there must be something wrong with how rendertimes are calculated here an example:
http://abload.de/img/rendertimescalculatio6nq9a.png

i mean AVG rendertimes of ~17.5 ms while playing 60 fps without frame drops and MAX rendertimes are lower than AVG...

would a log without SM of any use?
For a bug like this I would probably need a way to reproduce the problem. A debug log wouldn't help much here, because the render times are spread over thousands of lines in the log.

Quote:
Originally Posted by david1103 View Post
1. the 'restore default settings' .bat file does not seem to actually work properly. i have been trying lots of different builds (very latest is working great!), can't pin down which builds didn't work, but often various settings were just not restored, they stayed exactly how they were.
Can you double check which part of the batch file fails? After running it, is there still a file named "settings.bin" in the madVR folder? If so, delete it manually. This might already solve the problem for the future for you, too. If there's no such file, check whether there's still a registry value named "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\madshi\madVR\Settings", after you've run the batch file.

Quote:
2. when trying to add keyboard short cuts it won't let me enter 'ctrl' or any combination of ctrl/alt. it just ignores those keys.
You need to manually spell those out. Or maybe I've misunderstood you?

Quote:
3. it seems when using certain settings other settings just don't do anything? for example DXVA2 mode no NNEDI3 image doubling? maybe it's just me not seeing the difference. If it's true, could it inform the user somehow?

What would really enhance this plugin is to make it more user friendly. For example, there are all sorts of modes for only Vista and Win7. Could it not detect the OS and just choose the best modes in the first place? Also, there is a thread here where someone has described quite well what each option does... making that text appear as a mouse-over popup on each option would be a nice touch.
DXVA scaling might disable NNEDI3, that's correct.

Generally, please understand that madVR is still a work-in-progress. It has not even reached v1.0 yet. As such, the settings dialog is still constantly changing. It's not the right time yet to clean it all up. That will come at a later point in time. For now you'll have to live with some things not being perfectly polished yet...

Quote:
4. the only real way to see what's going on is to toggle the modes with keyboard shortcuts, is it possible to toggle the NNEDI3 image doubling on and off?
I'll add it to my to do list, but it may be a while before I get to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper93 View Post
If DVD Navigator is used subtitles are burned by LAV Video Decoder, before it gets to madVR. If DVD Navigator is not used subtitles are rendererd by ISR.
Ok, makes sense. Thanks.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote