View Single Post
Old 11th January 2017, 04:05   #9  |  Link
Katie Boundary

I just learned about this function and I am THRILLED. One question: I know what TFF and BFF are, but what the hell is "RFF"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daner View Post
Currently, it appears that DGIndex can either do all FORCE_FILM for the entire sequence, or no FORCE_FILM for the entire sequence, either of which will result in some combed frames when performed on a sequence that is not 100% FILM. Yet, the RFF and TFF flags tell you exactly how to translate between the display frames and the source pictures, so why can't DGIndex make use of this information to perform inverse telecine (FORCE_FILM) on the pulled down material, and a simple deinterlacing filter on the nonfilm material, and then output a timecode file to indicate where the 24fps vs. 30fps frame sequences are, to be used in a variable framerate MKV container?
Oh wow, you beat me to this idea by ten years! A fork of DGIndex that does exactly this (but bobbing to 60 fps instead of 30 fps) is going to be one of my first projects when I'm done learning C/C++

EDIT: I just learned something interesting. When parsing a .d2v file, the frames that are marked with * aren't guaranteed to actually be progressive. Correct switching between film and NTSC sections can only be done manually using the parse files as a rough guide.

Last edited by Katie Boundary; 11th January 2017 at 06:30.
Katie Boundary is offline   Reply With Quote