View Single Post
Old 27th September 2019, 10:03   #12  |  Link
VictorLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJATOM View Post
So there are not so much channels with 4:2:2 color mode, I see.
You're right.
Quote:
Actually it might be useful for animes ... I personally think it's better to use 4:4:4 (with upscaling of old content) for broadcasting
I same think about 4:4:4 for anime and seem nVIDIA too - Turing-core based videocards must support hardware acceleration of 4:4:4 chroma subsampling quite well.
Quote:
we're not in analogue TV era where interlace and halved chroma saved a lot of channel bandwidth, allowing more channels per allocated analogue TV frequencies and improving overall quality of transmission.
Broadcasters (even German) saves bandwidth as they can so even HD may show worse than high-quality SD channel https://sat-dx.club/viewtopic.php?f=...art=190#p29114
In any way I haven't seen 4:4:4 from SATs yet and sure it wouldn't.
Btw my old 1-core Athlon II 3,2GHz couldn't decode 4:2:2 h264 1920x1080i50 ~20Mbit/s international F1 feed so I've bought 3-core CPU (not found 4-core that time in sale) and insert in old 690G mobo and now CPU load about 50% of each core so I need hardware acceleration of 4K, 8K and so on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by videoh View Post
Maybe I would pop the whites a little by backing off on the tm parameter and/or bumping up the white parameter.
I'll try to watching on new binaries but it'll be appreciated if you'll once let me somehow know about new version out
VictorLS is offline   Reply With Quote