Thread: VirtualDub2
View Single Post
Old 31st October 2019, 09:13   #919  |  Link
TlatoSMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
x264, dont really know much about this, but, you can only do Direct Stream Copy where source stream is compatible with output file,
although you can (I've never done it) create x264 in AVI, there are some things that need be omitted [at a guess I might think CABAC may be one of them],
if source does have some unsupported x264 features, then will not be able to Direct Stream Copy.

Dont think "Select different input driver" will make any difference, unless it decodes to uncompressed video, which you could then copy to
output AVI as uncompressed video (perhaps YUV or maybe only RGB, dont know).

I would use Fast Recompress, to some output codec, but that stuff has changed in Vdub2 (cant remember in what way it changed).

[...]

EDIT: The VirtualDub x264 compression thingy docs will likely tell what features of x264 are unsupported in AVI files.
I've just tried the very same thing, on the very same file, with old VDub 32-bit without a problem. But VirtualDub2 only keeps telling me "Select different input driver" on the very same file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
EDIT: Having looked at VD2 Decode Format, AutoSelect would seem to be the only likely one to choose.
I've checked that before mentioning the issue here. It's what VirtualDub2 is set to by default, but still that error msg where old VDub has no problem at all.
TlatoSMD is offline   Reply With Quote