View Single Post
Old 25th April 2010, 03:13   #7944  |  Link
9020V

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9020V View Post
Is anyone having trouble playing BDR-25 backups on PS3? They've been working fine up until a few weeks ago, I've noticed the last few I've done don't play properly on PS3 (full disc mode).

Surrogates would not play at all. It just went into a blank screen on the PS3 and I could not go to top menu or fast forward. Info said title 50 with 0:00:00 time.

I then tried Star Trek. At first it seemed like it was going to work. The starship appeared like on the disc-open sequence, but then it froze. On subsequent attempts, it blanked screen just like surrogates.

The Informat! plays all the trailers ok, but it blank screens when it gets to the main title (again, info says that it has 0:00:00 time and none of the menu buttons work).

All of the discs work fine in the PC with powerdvd and I tried a movie-only backup of surrogates and it played fine in the PS3.

Rips were done with DVDFAB. I tried re-ripping the burned disc with anydvd and disabling bd-live, but it didn't make a difference (I don't even know if it is a bd-live disc).

Anyone have any clue as to what the problem is? Is it some sort of copy protection that the PS3's latest firmware is preventing it from playing these discs? Oh, and I also tried them on multiple media types including verbatim BD-R 25 and same thing.
Oh, and one other thing. The Informant! was only a 17GB disc, so BD-rebuilder was not even used. So I suspect this may be a problem with IMGBurn or the PS3, but I am not sure. Has anyone else experienced anything like this recently? I've gone back through all the backups I've made and had to toss about 10 discs. I need to backup again, but don't want to start until I have found out exactly what the problem is. Again, only the PS3 seems to be affected, but I don't have another standalone player besides powerdvd.
9020V is offline   Reply With Quote