View Single Post
Old 23rd July 2010, 17:09   #8893  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Yes I do. It only happens with DTS Express PiP and only on the Sony players. I'm confident that at least part of the problem is in the Sony firmware -- because the exact same image works on BD-25. But if I can find a workaround I'll do it. One idea is to put a blank AC3 track to replace the DTS Express and then change the reference in the MPLS. The ideal solution is to actually demux/remux just that track and that's what I'm working on. The problem is that I either have to do the entire mux all myself, or integrate the demuxed audio by inserting it after-the-fact -- the first is an incredible amount of research and time (I'd essentially be rewriting TSMUXER), and the second adds considerable time to the encode process.

To worsen it -- I'm not positive that doing all this will make it work on the Sony on BD-9... I'm just guessing that putting something there for that track will correct it.
I guess it is good, , that I am not the only one then having this issue.
I do notice that on these backups, there is usually several main audio tracks, like eng, fra, spa, etc... but even though I only choose to keep the eng track, the audio button on the remote will not work to scroll thru the other tracks like on working correctly backups, even though they only play the eng track. ( I see the on-screen display scroll thru the fra, spa, etc.. track but keep hearing eng only on the working backup. )
Could placing a blank/dummy audio track in the main audio tracks that audio is removed from, forcing a silence to that track when playing back, have any positive effect?
This would be similar to DVD-RB, unless you assign the kept audio track to the other removed ones. I have no problem with silence tracks if it forces the player to work correctly. Besides, I should know if I blank an audio track, therefore should expect silence if I choose another language.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote