View Single Post
Old 7th April 2020, 20:54   #11  |  Link
kolak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaika View Post
For me, cineform is better than mjpeg2000. Plays movies much smoother. However, as cineform was robbed and had cracks, so it was abandoned technologically and has been added as free on github.
It annoys me that there is no HDR BT2020 option although the codec is for 10 / 12bit movies. I don't know how 4K support, in older versions of Sony Vegas did not want to work. Let's say good quality, if you choose high is average.

PS JPEG XS was about to appear this Christmas.
Cineform is simple and this is its power. It's many times faster than Jpeg2000, which without good code is still so problematic (and good code costs big money).
Cineform was 10 years ahead its time. There are still so many features around Cineform workflows which are ahead of current time (eg. use of heavy/dynamic metadata )
It's more than codec and only fact that David had no support from big company stopped it to be mainstream.

No idea what you mean by 4K? It supports "any" resolution. I tested up to 32K if I remember well. Only annoying bit which should be removed I need of mod 16 (horizontally).
HDR? Nothing more than any other video. 12bit is there so HDR is not a problem for Cineform. You even have a RAW mode.

Last edited by kolak; 7th April 2020 at 20:57.
kolak is offline   Reply With Quote