View Single Post
Old 18th January 2018, 23:02   #32  |  Link
candela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Chen View Post
Where and when exactly did I said this?

You can as well just ask. I will happily provide UKRO and/or MKB hash for each hashed key entry, I just really don't see the point. Besides, no one has asked.

So you are saying that maintaining a linux port, keeping it open source, integrated into libbluray and all essentially giving it away for free for the 10 years is still not good enough for you, and I should just release all keys to everyone in the format of your choice? Point taken...
You didn't say it explicitly, you simply state in your faq the info is wrong but not what is wrong. And you do not correct Wikipedia or Libbdplus code. And for these hashed keys, you state old assumptions about AACS are no longer valid but you don't say what is not valid. Why bother saying it if you don't want to share the information. Not many people have the skill to figure it out. I certainly don't, everything I know is based on information shared on this forum or from trying to understand Videolan libs

People on myce seemed to be interested in the DiscIDs and I was under the impression you were following the topic. And the DiscID would obviously be helpful for storing the hashed keys in the database Relight is trying to make

And I didn't say you need to release the keys for everyone. I said you can do what you want. But you don't give a real reason for this magical new format and the only obvious one is keeping the keys secret. So just say it.

Also many thanks for your program, it's been most useful for me. I'm just more a fan of the Videolan open source kind. You know, the free beer vs freedom thing.
candela is online now   Reply With Quote