View Single Post
Old 16th May 2020, 19:15   #213  |  Link
Katie Boundary

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
Not necessarily spatial only; deinterlacing can use temporal algorithms (e.g. QTGMC does)
Bobbing got its name from what the the spatial-only versions did. This does NOT imply that all bob-deinterlacing is spatial-only, nor did I say that it did.

Quote:
Interlaced content means each field represents a different moment in time. 59.94 different moments in time represented
No, interlaced content means that the content has interlacing in it. How that interlacing got there is irrelevant. If a VOB file is encoded as 24 fps with soft pulldown, and I index it in DGindex with "honor pulldown flags", bam, it's interlaced now.

Quote:
The problem is you're mixing up Inverse telecine or pulldown removal with Deinterlacing. These are different things.
I didn't get them mixed up. I know they're different things. But one is a subset of the other.

Quote:
So if you want to use your own definition, you are wrong
I'm sorry but your definitions are wrong. Deinterlacing is any process that converts interlaced content to progressive. Bobbing is a form of deinterlacing. Field-matching (which is the first step of IVTC) is also deinterlacing. Blur(1.0) is a form of deinterlacing.

Last edited by Katie Boundary; 16th May 2020 at 19:23.
Katie Boundary is offline   Reply With Quote