View Single Post
Old 3rd December 2019, 00:50   #57963  |  Link
WuNgUn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0077 View Post
Great thank you so much for your guides and posts. So having read your recent posts, and used a grayscale gradient as my desktop, where input lag and full resolution chroma are important, it looks best as follows (I think as you have concluded around the color format / depth).

# LG C9 Itself
HDMI Input Label: PC
HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour: On
Picture Mode: Game (User) with the following changes to the defaults
Black Level: Low
Sharpness: 0
Colour: 50
White Balance: Warm 2 (Not sure why it defaults to Medium here)

# Nvidia Control Panel
Output colour format: YCbCr444
Output colour depth: 8bpc (its crazy that higher actually does look worse, but its true)
Output dynamic range: Limited

# madVR
Display Output Levels: PC Levels (0-255)
Native Bitdepth: Auto
Calibration: disable calibration controls for this display
Reduce banding strength: low
Reduce banding strength during fade in/out: high
Use Direct3D 11 for presentation: On
Present a frame for every VSync: On
Dithering: Error Diffusion - option 2 (colored noise and change dither for every frame enabled)
trade quality: All off

# Refresh Rates
I see you have mentioned that you use 60hz and smooth motion. What motion test are you able to best spot the judder? I would like to reproduce.

I was setting up madVR to switch modes to 2160p23 / 2160p59 and worked quite well. I actually noticed by default 2160p24 shows really noticeably bad banding with the gradient-perceptual tests (and I checked in Nvidia CP and it seems 24p mode doesn't have the option for YCbCr444, switching to 2160p23 and and its there and the banding is gone).

I'm not sure if something like CRU will help me create a 2160p24 mode, that supports YCbCr444.
Selecting 23Hz in your display modes for 23.976Hz media is the proper setting to use...
WuNgUn is offline   Reply With Quote