View Single Post
Old 29th January 2020, 11:24   #51  |  Link
Frank Booth

Newbie Needing Help With Deinterlacing on Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by l33tmeatwad View Post
If all of this is a little overwhelming I would recommend my VapourSynth 101 guide which goes step by step to walk you through how everything works and how to use filters. As for installing, the VapourSynth installer linked on the first post of this thread may be a good start, however if you do not want to deal with downloading plugins then AMVpack may be a good option as well. AMVpack was a project I started years ago that helps (AMV) video editors get started quickly and easily with advanced tools so they don't have to deal with the complications of setting everything up or compiling things.
I have followed your instructions and have VS working up to a point. I don't really know what I'm doing but I have the following script working because the preview works.

import vapoursynth as vs
core = vs.get_core()
video = core.ffms2.Source(r'/Volumes/music/forencoding/gabrielle.mov')
video.set_output()

When I attempt the following script (which I have simply copied from your thread)..

import vapoursynth as vs
core = vs.get_core()
import havsfunc as haf

clip = core.ffms2.Source(source="/Volumes/music/forencoding/gabrielle.mov")
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip,format=vs.YUV422P8)
deint = haf.QTGMC(clip, Preset='Fast', TFF=True)
deint.set_output()

I get the following error:

Failed to evaluate the script:
Python exception: Resize error: Matrix must be specified when converting to YUV or GRAY from RGB

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "src/cython/vapoursynth.pyx", line 1847, in vapoursynth.vpy_evaluateScript
File "/Users/macbook/Desktop/first script.vpy", line 16, in
File "src/cython/vapoursynth.pyx", line 1739, in vapoursynth.Function.__call__
vapoursynth.Error: Resize error: Matrix must be specified when converting to YUV or GRAY from RGB

What I am trying to achieve is the highest quality deinterlace. I am not requiring any other functionality. Deinterlacing is my only goal. Can you please walk me through the steps, in language that would suit somebody who is completely over his head (filmmaker not programmer)? Also does the AMV pack include QTGMC, which I understand is the best deinterlacer? Thank you so much.
Frank Booth is offline   Reply With Quote