View Single Post
Old 12th August 2020, 00:08   #29  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_MiSfit View Post
I'll take a moment here to clearly state for the record that anything I have ever said or will say here on doom9 is NOT as a representative of Disney, but is from me as an individual
Yeah, just like mine represent my own point of view and have nothing to do with the company I work for as they're my personal thoughts.

(Since you specified it, I specified it as well; better safe than sorry xD)

Quote:
I don't work on D+, but I know the service offers SDR, HDR10, and Dolby Vision. There's not currently any HLG or HDR10+ support.

I DO work on Movies Anywhere, which supports the same formats.
Oh, ok, I see.

Quote:
Interesting. These seem directly coupled. Is the desire to be scene referenced specifically because of the FUD surrounding the impact of metadata?
As long as nobody brings up the joke about broadcast guys screaming when they hear the word "metadata", I'm gonna keep posting in the thread xD
Jokes aside, non-static metadata on a linear channels with contents played by a playout port, encoded live and aired can be a pain in the... *forbidden word :P * so I understand why some decision were taken in the past (along with all the other reasons I stated before).
FranceBB is offline   Reply With Quote