View Single Post
Old 26th February 2019, 22:24   #1649  |  Link
Zenitram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selur View Post
Any plans to support HDR-10+ HEVC files?
Suffering a bit with all the HDR metadata I have to handle.
Now moving to a dedicated line for HDR format.

Below are some examples of the expected line for HDR10 (actually SMPTE ST 2086), HDR10+ (actually SMPTE ST 2094-40 with lot of restrictions, I finally got the specs so I have the exact restrictions), Dolby Vision, SL-HDR (1&2), any potential issues you see?

Code:
HDR format                               : SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible
HDR format                               : SMPTE ST 2094-40, Version 1, HDR10+ Profile A compatible
HDR format                               : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.04.06, BL+EL+RPU
HDR format                               : SL-HDR1, Version 1.0, Parameter-based, constant
HDR format                               : SL-HDR1, Version 1.0, Parameter-based, non-constant
HDR format                               : SL-HDR2, Version 0.0, Parameter-based
Notes:
- HLG is not listed as it is not additional metadata, "just" a specific transfer characteristics.
- HDR10 & HDR10+ are actually commercial names, but other HDR formats have no difference between technical and commercial name (SL-HDR is listed in ETSI 103-433 but they stipulate the name in specs as they do with e.g AC-3 in ETSI 102-366) so I think it is not good to add a new line for HDR format commercial name, to be debated.
- HDR10 & HDR10+ are listed also if other constraints are met e.g. PQ transfer characteristics.
- I have constraints from sponsors so I'll not able to accept all advice even if I want to.