View Single Post
Old 21st September 2009, 23:46   #5311  |  Link
samtroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
It will reencode by default. You can decide not to reencode by choosing to keep the original AC3. You do that by selecting "Do not reencode AC3" in the SETUP dialog.

Be careful, though, because deciding to keep anything other than standard AC3 at 640Kbs or below -- you are violating the AVCHD specification for movie-only reencodes.

In most cases the reencode is not distinguishable from the original.
Thanks for your answer but I think we have some kind of misunderstandig here:

I *always* select not to reencode the AC3 track because I want to keep the original, untouched 640kbs AC3 tracks (when available).

But BD Rebuilder *always* does process the demuxed AC3 files anyway. They are written again to the workfolder with nicaudio.dlls amplify-settings applied. Which means they are now modified and not untouched anymore. Those new, modified AC3 files are also used at the end for the final muxing. Even if I have chosen not to re-encode AC3 tracks. I have checked with different movies.

My question was if this (automatic) AC3 amplifying step can be turned off, maybe by some ini-setting? Or some clarification on how this amplifying is done by nicaudio.dll: By completely re-encoding or only by modifying some volume values in the AC3 file and keeping the core audiodata untouched?

Last edited by samtroy; 22nd September 2009 at 00:28.
samtroy is offline   Reply With Quote