View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2011, 20:00   #13312  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmih View Post
Although the Sonys were brilliant as the first machines which handled BD-9 on a range of discs, and which I started with, I have long since moved to other players and found much better playback. Even now the Sony still struggles with some branching discs, and with PiP in general, so would the first logical step be to see on what players your code works? Given most machines handle bd-25, we could then see if the Samsungs are the exception, or the Sonys?
The Sony plays the original fine -- so I'm convinced there is some (probably minor) inconsistency in either the M2TS, the CLPI, or MPLS of the backup. I'm just not sure what it might be. I've been going over it without finding anything wrong for over two weeks now, and I decided I need some help. There comes a point at which you're too close to the code and it becomes difficult to see what's right in front of you. I'm hoping someone is either smarter than me or has access to a verifier or some other software consistency checker that might point me in the right direction.

Last edited by jdobbs; 23rd October 2011 at 20:03.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote