View Single Post
Old 16th May 2012, 15:29   #15104  |  Link
jdobbs

I agree with RobertM. If your system is turning itself off it is highly unlikely it has anything to do with BD-RB. It could be overheating (as he mentioned), or it could be some other concurrent app calling for system shutdown. As for the report that it works if you go back a couple version... not sure how that could happen unless there has been a change in settings (e.g. setting multiprocessing could make your system run hotter). There has also been an update to X264 -- but if there were issues there I would expect to hear a lot of reports, as the i7 is a very popular processor.

As for turning off expirations... not yet. If I do that I'd have to keep saying "that was fixed 6 versions ago" for all the outdated reports. That's just more of a headache than I want to endure -- especially when it's under my control. I specifically added the timeout because of my problems with that exact scenario when developing DVD Rebuilder.

I do think the software has gotten to a fairly stable state, though, so I expect I'll be turning the expiration off and releasing v1.00 reasonably soon.

Last edited by jdobbs; 16th May 2012 at 15:31.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote