View Single Post
Old 13th March 2014, 11:31   #46  |  Link
hello_hello

I'll confess I don't quite get it. The first time you run the program a windows pops up with a message along the lines of "I can't find MKVToolNix and the world is about to end", but a window popping up after the program is opened enquiring where to find MKVToolNix is a bad idea...... I guess we'll never agree on that one.

For some reason when I replaced the old files with the new versions and ran the program, it didn't pick up the location of MKVToolNix from the existing ini file. No big deal really. I just thought I'd mention it in case you wanted to change that in future versions.

An MKV extraction program which writes the audio delay to the name of the audio stream? Hallelujah and praise the lord! Well praise gpower2 for implementing it and I'll take a little for suggesting it. So far it seems to be working correctly (writing the correct delay value).

For some reason the Abort button doesn't seem to be where it ought to be. It's kind of "slid up" a bit, ie not in line with the AbortAll button. Maybe that's just when running on XP?

I thought the language written to extracted streams might be asking a bit much and yes I agree MeGUI should use the two/three letter language code. I might point Zathor to this thread to see if he has an opinion on the subject. My discussion with Mosu re language codes and MKVMergeGUI made me want to forget the whole idea, but if all programs used the same system it'd be wonderful. I don't know whether Zathor would want to be making huge changes to MeGUI in that department though as he'd need to change both the extracting and muxing behaviour.

I haven't had a chance to play with the new version much but I will later and report back if I discover any oddness. Thank you very much again!
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote