View Single Post
Old 11th January 2016, 13:40   #4  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushahidh View Post
Thanks for your answer.The data is H.264 data with the OutFileMode set to 1 which means RTP not Annex. So in any case how much redundant bits could i add as a SEI message ? For example i divide the frame into 16 packets and add 2 more redundant packets for error recovery. Is it possible?
There's no arbitrary limit on the size of an SEI, so you're only constrained by the bitrate or buffer. That can be rather difficult, and is a delicate balancing act if you're already using your full bandwidth on regular frames, so you will need to keep a running track (if it's a real application).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushahidh View Post
I need your kind suggestion on this too. I wonder not even a single code snippet i have seen which is applying FEC at any level so that newbies can get help from it. So if i want to add FEC at RTP level what would be your suggestion?
Apply Encode file using JM as RTP add FEC inside JM apply rtp_loss and Decode it?
or Take H.264 file as an input in matlab apply FEC pass it through noisy channel Recover packet loss and decode using JM?
Thanks
There are no full standards on RTP FEC, but there are several proposed standards: rfc6363 is now used fairly widespread as a baseline for FEC in RTP, and rfc6682 and rfc6865 are implementations of error correction within those frames. These being completely independent of the contained data, they can be generated completely out-of-band and inserted separately from the encoder entirely. I don't have experience writing that code, I only work with reliable transport media.

There probably isn't much code for JM because no one uses it for anything but experiments and research, and hardly any students publish their research code.
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote