View Single Post
Old 26th April 2020, 09:05   #887  |  Link
tormento
Acid fr0g

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikse555 View Post
Titlebar now also changed so asterisk is first
Hi Nikse!

One regression (to me) was the "fix continuation style". I was really happy with the removal of leading … and now that new rule is making sometimes a mess.

Some requests:
  1. in the binary compare dialogue, right clicking in the input field gives some used characters in different language families. You forgot italian: we use same vowels as spanish but with open accent, i.e. àèìòù and é plus all their capitals. For the lower case it's easy, as we have on keyboard, for the upper I have to use charmap. And please add french letters too, such as âêîôû and capitals. Perhaps it's better to do a separate menu for vowels and variations only, as they repeat in a lot of languages.
  2. set a new rule to find mixed case words, usually OCR errors, such as RAvEN or raVen, would you?
  3. the possibility to order the rule order in the fix errors dialogue or preferences
  4. move the red big Italic warning to the right of the character to type, it's more visible there
  5. add a green Regular warning too
  6. add a flag not to add the typed character in the OCR DB: sometimes there are strange ones that would cause issues on later OCR
  7. report the OCR progress bar on the application bar Subtitle Edit icon (such as other app do) and/or ring a bell when it needs attention
Thanks!

Last edited by tormento; 26th April 2020 at 15:13. Reason: Edited #1
tormento is offline   Reply With Quote