View Single Post
Old 21st February 2019, 14:30   #54931  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni View Post
It's on when I play HDR content, not when I calibrate. And it doesn't matter if 8bits or 12bits, as the profile is the same: SDR when calibrating, as I use SDR patterns to calibrated my SDR DCI-P3 calibration, HDR when playing content.

In any case, it can't make any difference, I select the calibration manually when I calibrate.

"Send BT2020" is only a metadata flag in the SDR HDMI stream that I asked madshi to implement to help selecting a calibration automatically. It doesn't change anything in the content/patterns themselves. The only thing it can achieve is getting the display to switch to a different calibration, that all.

So as long as the proper calibration is selected when calibrating, no difference can come from that. I know it's the case here, so make sure it's the case when you run the test.

If you need BT2020 to be on for your display to select the widest gamut, then use it. Just make sure the same calibration is enabled in 8bits and 12bits, so that there shouldn't be any difference when measuring it.
when a screen think the input image is bt 2020 it has to change it processing because it has to clip/roll of or just squish it in that's totally different from BT 709 or just switching a screen to "native" where the screen still believes the input is "bt 709" or at least should believe that.

or with other word your device may or may not behave totally different between send bt 2020 or native.

but you don't use this option to calibrate and or verify so it shouldn't matter in this case
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote