View Single Post
Old 24th November 2012, 13:07   #2145  |  Link
edwood

I just discovered AVStoDVD a couple of days ago. I have been using DVD Flick for several years. I really like AVStoDVD much better. I have been playing around with the program and find it very user friendly.

One thing that I miss that is a good feature in DVD Flick is the ability to easily select the thumbnail image that you wish to include with the video. In DVD Flick, it is a simple matter of viewing the .avi clip until you find the frame you want to use. This is done in the menu edit screen, and is done by selecting the time stamp frame window where you can step through on an hour by hour, minute by minute, and second by second basis until you locate what you are looking for.

As far as I can tell, in AVStoDVD you must use the Frame Start and Frame End to accomplish the same task. When I select the Edit Button on the Frame Start - Frame End line, I am taken to a different screen which looks very much like a media player. However, when I start the .avi file by pressing the run button, I have audio but no video. So I cannot find a way to select the thumbnail image that I want to use.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
Ed Wood
edwood is offline   Reply With Quote