Thread: Zoom Player
View Single Post
Old 3rd March 2015, 22:00   #45  |  Link
Snappy Phoenix
System Tweaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
CUDA? CUDA isn't something you set in Zoom Player.

When I re-install I don't need to change any setting in Zoom Player to use LAV Video for everything I play and I would set CUDA in LAV. You could simply set Zoom Player to use Direct Show merits like any other direct show media player. I have used Zoom Player for over a decade now so maybe I am used to the settings but I don't understand what your problem could have been. Changing the default Smart Play settings is still painful due to the number of formats, etc. but you do not need to use Smart Play at all to use CUDA and the default Smart Play settings now use LAV filters for most formats.

I like Zoom Player because it gives enough options so I can configure it to behave exactly the way I want. Most other media players simply don't have the options at all. What about the settings was not user friendly?

The settings have definitely improved over the years but in advanced mode the shear number might be overwhelming if you were looking for a particular setting and did not know where it was. Try out the free version if you want another look but remember it does not allow you to change Smart Play settings.
What I didn't like is, I wanted to specify LAV for everything. It's not like MPC-HC where it's a global setting, I had to do it for each and every extension! I guess whoever developed Zoom Player wanted to make sure to make it a daunting task to do some basic settings with no global setting for all. Steered me off as a paying customer and got my refund. Seems things haven't improved if the way to set LAV for everything is still the same.

and CUDA is part of LAV which uses the nVIDIA GPU to have everything rendered by the GPU