View Single Post
Old 18th April 2018, 22:14   #938  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
@pinterf
Madshi made a small fix for italics in srt. I assume it is not included?
https://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php...ostcount=48444
Sorry that was my fault, I was busy and forgot to push it. The build from that post is outdated since it had some issues with ASS subtitles, which was fixed a week later. The latest madshi patch is now on the RC4 branch.

I'll need to figure out what to do about making a new release soon with at least the SRT italic fix. We got sidetracked with possible HDR rendering support for awhile, but that never materialized (see discussion on Libass issue tracker). pinterf if you could make a few pull requests on github at some point for changes you'd consider stable, that would be helpful.

One thing to note though, is I remember that xy-VSFilter built from the XySubFilter branches had some bugs. It's been so long now, but I believe some of the rendering features we were using in XySubFilter didn't function correctly in xy-VSFilter builds, and I also remember crashes. It would be nice if the XySubFilter codebase could be stabilized for xy-VSFilter builds, but unfortunately it was something which was never done before the project died.

That said, I'd suggest treating pinterf's xy-VSFilter v3.1.0.800 as extremely experimental at least in terms of directshow usage, compared to his xy-VSFilter 3.0.0.400 build which is based on a stable branch and should be safe.

Last edited by cyberbeing; 19th April 2018 at 00:07.
cyberbeing is offline   Reply With Quote