View Single Post
Old 24th February 2020, 17:32   #18374  |  Link
therealjoeblow

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteshare View Post
Custom scripts do present the problem of errors but once you have it figured out there are no more errors.
The reason (my guess) that more and more options have moved to custom scripts is that the Dev. has changed direction over the years. While the option might be there in edit but not batch is something rather than changing RB every time this happens or people want a new filter they can do it on a case by case basis with custom filters as there will be over lap between what people want but not a lot of overlap even when a filter feels really important to a user.
I use custom filters a lot, feel free to ask a detailed question about them if you need more help as this is the best solution IMO.

Custom scripts will also give you full control and save you time, as it is almost the same thing as what you're wanting IMO.

Yes! with a custom script. The downside is if you have a lot of different scenarios that you come across a lot you'll need a lot of very similar custom scripts. I keep a few dozen around for this reason and try to archive ones I haven't used in the last ~6 months.
Question... Do custom scripts replace the rest of the settings in the GUI entirely, or are they just added on top of what is already selected. And in that case, are they added before or after the GUI selections.

Eg. if I select "tonemap" from the dropdown in the example Atak provided with the 1280x640 custom resize script, does the script override the tonemap and I have to set that in my custom script too?