View Single Post
Old 26th May 2020, 19:25   #1908  |  Link
JKyle
App Digger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordalibaski View Post
I did the 1st one like you said and clicked normalize then converted which made no difference in the audio, I did this again by unticking normalize and nothing happened.
Normalize option in qaac puts --normalize switch in its execution in the shell like this:

Code:
qaac64.exe --tvbr 62 --delay -0.001 --normalize
And this works like this in qaac encoding:

Code:
Scanning maximum peak...
4960208/-1 samples processed in 0:00.328
Peak value: 0.535645
If nothing happens, that's something related to your source and qaac encoder. Maybe your source audio already has a peak value that doesn't need to be changed. Then you need to do something other than simply shifting the volume to change the peak value. dynaudnorm can be a useful alternative in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordalibaski View Post
Though I have tried that command when I try to do a qaac conversion and it comes up with that error I put up earlier.
Your AC3 encoder profile makes use of ffmpeg as you can see the command line in the bottom.
And it's a matter of course your custom options don't work directly with qaac since dynaudnorm is an ffmpeg only filter.

If you'd like to make use of your favorite dynaudnorm options, you need to either 1) put them in qaac Advanced Audio Options like I showed in the screenshot, or 2) choose ffmpeg instead of qaac as the AAC encoder.

2) will certainly work, but I'm not sure whether 1) will work seamlessly. Check it out yourself.

You need to examine the log file to see how your settings work.
And if normalization does not work, try to find where the dynaudnorm options are missing, and report to @stax76 about this.

Last edited by JKyle; 26th May 2020 at 20:17.