View Single Post
Old 8th August 2019, 08:35   #26  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

As far as I know, there are at least 2 bugs related to the subtitles in the demux function:
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
Do NOT use v2.6.11 or v2.6.12 as they have a big bug with the time codes of the subtitle streams of some BDs. AFAIK, v2.6.10 has never been released publicly, so the last known good version is v2.6.9, for Windows and Linux. However, even v2.6.9 has some bugs, notably the association of the subtitles with the 3D-Plane numbers, often wrong. (But this bug affects only the info and the remux of the 3D BDs.)
As noted in the other thread, v2.6.11 and v2.6.12 produce often wrong timecodes when demuxing a 3D bluray. (I don't know if that bug affects also the 2D blurays.) Unfortunately, I don't remember what BD is a good example of the problem. V2.6.9 is the last version without that bug, so if you have the sources of that version, it should be easy to find the origin of the bug.

The other important bug with the subtitles is also related to the 3D BD. The MPLS file contains the extensions with the 3D-specific information, like what tsMuxeR calls the "3D-Planes", in fact the "Offset Sequences" necessary to display the subtitles at the correct depth on screen. There is usually one 3D-Plane per subtitle stream, although it's not mandatory as the same 3D-Plane can be used for several streams. The bug is that tsMuxeR assumes that the 3D-Planes are assigned to the subtitles streams in the order of their UID. It's not correct. The MPLS file describes precisely the subtitle streams, ans they do not have to be in the order of their UID, although it's often the case.

So, for example, if there are 4 subtitle streams in the BD, stored in the MPLS in the standard order, tsMuxeR will assign the 4 first 3D-Planes to that 4 streams, and it will probably be correct. But if the 4 streams are presented in the MPLS in another order, it will be wrong. And if the same 3D-Plane is assigned to several subtitle streams in the MPLS, it will assign it only once, and the last subtitle streams will not have any 3D-Plane at all. To summarize, tsMuxeR ignores the content of the MPLS when it assigns the 3D-Planes to the subtitle streams. That's an important bug, although the wrong information is only displayed, and never used during the demux operation. I don't know if tsMuxeR does the same error when it remuxes a 3D-BD, but I suppose so.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote