View Single Post
Old 15th September 2019, 06:58   #152  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaika View Post
Adds VVC 6.1 codecs NONE{HDRTools}/NONE{360°}/SSE41/SSE42/AVX/AVX2 (library 360° & AVX512 doesn't create video in Windows with function -mavx512)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/5rgdpv
Thank you for the updated binary.

I wanted to test it again, so I decided to use a few files from a lazy day at work when we went outside and we shot a few samples in 4K Log-C XAVC Intra Class 300 500 Mbit/s. They're gonna be with my ugly face on them, sorry about that. Anyway, I'm trying to encode them in H.266 but it's not only taking an eternity, it's also not very well parallelized as it's using 1 core at a time at 100% on my Dual Xeon setup.
This wouldn't be a big deal, except for the fact that there's no percentage and no estimation, I have to check myself for which frame it has encoded and make a guess.
Can I ask you a progress/percentage/number of frames encoded output in cmd like the one we have in x264/x265 or even like the one in ffmpeg/ffmbc?
I mean, at the current stage of things there's just the terminal showing how each and every frame is encoded and it's taking minutes, literally minutes to encode a single frame and I have two Intel Xeon E5-2630 v3 overclocked at 3.00GHz (from the stock 2.40 GHz), for a total of 16 core, 32 threads and 40 MB of cache L3 and support to instructions up to AVX2 and 32GB of RAM, not exactly a crappy hardware.

Img1: Link
Img2: Link
Img3: Link

This is what I mean:

The AVS Script is just a simple append:

Code:
FFVideoSource("Y:\France\FILE format\File_Test_France\Canon EOS R (Clog)\KU6A0648.MP4")
video1=last
FFVideoSource("Y:\France\FILE format\File_Test_France\Canon EOS R (Clog)\KU6A0649.MP4")
video2=last
FFVideoSource("Y:\France\FILE format\File_Test_France\Canon EOS R (Clog)\KU6A0650.MP4")
video3=last
FFVideoSource("Y:\France\FILE format\File_Test_France\Canon EOS R (Clog)\KU6A0652.MP4")
video4=last
FFVideoSource("Y:\France\FILE format\File_Test_France\Canon EOS R (Clog)\KU6A0653.MP4")
video5=last
FFVideoSource("Y:\France\FILE format\File_Test_France\Canon EOS R (Clog)\KU6A0655.MP4")
video6=last

video1++video2++video3++video4++video5++video6
And the BAT is the following one:

Quote:
@echo off

C:\encoder\encoder\Processors\ffmpeg\x86\ffmpeg.exe -y -loglevel error -i "C:\Encoding\file1.avs" -an -f rawvideo -strict -1 lossless.yuv

pause

EncoderApp_avx.exe --SummaryVerboseness -c "encoder_randomaccess_vtm.cfg" --InputFile=lossless.yuv --BitstreamFile=logc4ktest.vvc --SourceWidth=3840 --SourceHeight=2160 --FrameRate=25 --InputColorPrimaries=1 --InputSampleRange=1 --InputBitDepth=8 --InternalBitDepth=10 --OutputBitDepth=10 --MSBExtendedBitDepth=10 --InputChromaFormat=420 --ChromaFormatIDC=420 --MatrixCoefficients=9 --ConformanceWindowMode=1 --FramesToBeEncoded=1334 --AspectRatioInfoPresent=1 --VideoSignalTypePresent=1 --ChromaLocInfoPresent=1 --VideoFullRange=1

pause
With 16 GB worth of lossless uncompressed video I had to encode out of 1334 frames in XAVC Intra Class 300 4K 25fps.

Source (XAVC Intra Class 300):
Part 1: https://we.tl/t-xvfMxO4dag
Part 2: https://we.tl/t-D4jY7OtqM4

Encoded (H.266 VVC - Incomplete -):
Link: https://we.tl/t-zWSxzCSeF8

(I'm gonna upload the encoded file as soon as it finishes to encode).

EDIT: Alright folks, I fired up the encode at 09 AM. It's 5PM over here and it's still far from the end, but I gotta go and I can't keep my computer busy. I stopped the encode and I uploaded what my Xeon managed to encode so far after 8 hours of encoding. If someone else wants to try to encode it, feel free to do it.
I gotta say that I do wanna help with VVC testing, however if it takes so much time to encode on such a powerful machine it becomes hard for me to help...

Last edited by FranceBB; 15th September 2019 at 16:09.
FranceBB is offline   Reply With Quote