View Single Post
Old 9th December 2013, 12:52   #20  |  Link
TurboPascal7

A small update to MedianBlur2: new function called MedianBlurTemp. Requested by Tempter57.

It partially implements the old MedianBlurT function but doesn't have MVTools-related parameters (hance the function name change). If you don't use mo-comp part of it, you should be able to just change the name used without any other changes. I might implement MedianBlurT as a script wrapper around MVTools/Masktools/MedianBlurTemp later.

Please do note that for temporal-only processing this filter is extremely inefficient (just like the original). For any reasonable radius (<= 15) pure-temporal median can be calculated a lot faster in SIMD. If the demand for a function like this is high, I might add it later.

Meanings of some parameters between two modes are different, just like they were in original filter. Setting spatial radius to 0 will just disable spatial filtering, setting it to -1 will copy the plane and all other values will set the plane to absolute value of radius. Yes, there is no way to set the plane to 1.

Two questions:
1) I don't really like the MedianBlurTemp name. Any better ideas? MedianBlurT is a no-go because of the reasons described above.
2) Better interface ideas? I.e. something that would allow you to set the plane to 1 and maybe be more consistent with the pure-spatial version of the filter.

Get the binaries in the usual place. And stay tuned.

Last edited by TurboPascal7; 9th December 2013 at 12:55.
TurboPascal7 is offline   Reply With Quote