View Single Post
Old 21st July 2014, 17:57   #596  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
.vob files don't have any palette at all, so LAV provides a default palette, since many renderers otherwise just used to output everything in black. How can this be incorrect?
Only in the sense that the default palette from LAV produces extremely strange colors with DVD subtitles which originally had a colored palette.

LAV sends a palette of:
Code:
palette: 000000,e0e0e0,808080,202020,3333fa,1111bb,fa3333,bb1111,33fa33,11bb11,fafa33,bbbb11,fa33fa,bb11bb,33fafa,11bbbb
Which results in the following with VSFilter and MPC-HC ISR on a couple DVDs I tested:

The first was originally Green Body / Black Border, while the second was originally Yellow Body / Black Border.

MPC-BE's MPEG-2 splitter appears to extract the orignal DVD palette from the IFO if present in the same directory as the VOB. LAV gaining a feature like this would probably be nice.

Though it seems the MPC-BE splitter does not function at all with xy-VSFilter when the IFO is missing. MPC-BE does send a default palette via "custom colors: on" in this case, but they don't set "palette:" which causes the header to be rejected. MPC-BE added special logic to handle this in their version of VSFilter though. We probably should patch in something similar, since "custom colors: on" being set results in "palette:" being ignored anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
You can accept the DVD type instead of the vobsub type if you want, which doesn't include any palette at all.
If you think this is the preferred solution, you should ask the MPC-HC devs to implement this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCRaistlin View Post
I'm using the latest build. So is there no reason now not to clear "Use the built-in subtitle renderer" checkbox - 'cause you may use ISR anyway as well as get VSFilter-like filters working?
Not exactly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCRaistlin View Post
"Disabled" means "added to External Filters list and set to Block"? No I didn't disable XySubFilter this way. It's just registered and none of its settings are changed from the default state.
By "Disabled" I only mean not active/loaded in the graph. If "use built-in subtitle renderer" is DISABLED, MPC-HC will only enable the ISR on-the-fly when VSFilter/XySubFilter is NOT Present in the graph. By default, when "Load when Needed" is set, VSFilter/XySubFilter will only be loaded into the graph when subtitles can be auto-loaded. If you set "Always Load", VSFilter/XySubFilter will always be loaded into the graph even when NO subtitles can be auto-loaded.

Last edited by cyberbeing; 21st July 2014 at 18:28.
cyberbeing is offline   Reply With Quote