Thread: Avisynth+
View Single Post
Old 21st June 2016, 22:00   #1776  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultim View Post
This leaves Avs+ the following options: 1) Pull IanB's corresponding changes and recompile all x64 plugins. Or, 2) diverge from Avs2.6 when it comes to x64 plugins. IMHO it is a tough call.
Avisynth is going nowhere. He's what, the only person working on it? His code changes don't appear to be significant, I could be wrong but to me it seems pinterf has done more work on this branch than IanB has done on Avisynth recently, will Avisynth 2.7 ever come?

One can basically conclude that after 2.6, Avisynth is going nowhere fast. I guess it's a prime opportunity for Avisynth+ to take over, this was basically the intention wasn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryX View Post
I think VapourSynth has great potential but it still lacks major features:
- ffdshow support
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
Stop repeating this as if it means anything. ffdshow has been dead software for half a decade or more. People need to drop support for it, not add support.
Would've been more accurate to say piping to Directshow, I agree ffdshow should go, but while it would seem an easy task based upon what you said below.. nobody has yet to write a replacement
that could deal with scripts and support loading conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clsid
Are there any plans for a DirectShow filter that can serve as a replacement for ffdshow's AviSynth processing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff
Not at this time. It'd be pretty easy to implement for someone who is familiar with dshow though (and that's usually the bottleneck for dshow-related stuff anyway).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
Anyone able to poke around for someone capable of doing this?

Last edited by ryrynz; 21st June 2016 at 22:10.