View Single Post
Old 9th September 2018, 14:06   #4  |  Link
zorr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedmanc View Post
Sounds cool, but wouldn't it make more sense measuring quality by halving the source framerate and comparing upsampled FPS to the original frames instead of double-upsampling and comparing to the already imperfect recreated frames? Settings that worked well for a lower source framerate will surely work even better for a higher one.
The interpolation task is much more difficult when done using half framerate, so it could mean no good settings are found. On the other hand
you can try to offset the difficulty by selecting a moderately easy part of the video for optimization. I think this idea is worth investigating. I will run some tests later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedmanc View Post
Besides I don't get why everyone's using FRC as the golden measure, all it does is blending frames like ConvertFps but slow.
I'm not an expert on this subject matter, just following what has been recommended by more knowledgeable people here. I did try InterFrame also but it gave very poor results. Do you know Avisynth plugins which do better frame interpolation than FRC?
zorr is offline   Reply With Quote