View Single Post
Old 14th September 2018, 21:27   #11  |  Link
zorr

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
I now understand that you are trying to optimize for the current clip,
and not a generally best settings set, for any ol' clip.
Optimizing for the current clip is the easier option. You just run the optimization and you should have good settings for that one clip (or at least for one small part of that one clip...). And this is already useful because different clips do need different settings to be optimal.

But in the long run I also want to see if the default settings of MVTools and other filters can be made better. That however takes a lot more work, the settings will have to be tested on many kinds of videos. Maybe we can find settings that work better for most videos than the current default settings. Maybe the current defaults are already optimal in that regard. I think it's worth trying now that we have a tool that can help.

Quote:
Will delete this post so as not to interfere in your postings flow, after you post the next intriguing episode.
No need to delete, this is all relevant conversation.

Quote:
If it does, then you have indeed found good settings and so when using for real [ie without "double current, chuck originals away and do it again"], should be great quality.
Yes, in this case the optimization task is more difficult than the way the script is used for real, which should make the real case better quality.
zorr is offline   Reply With Quote