View Single Post
Old 16th September 2018, 20:51   #19  |  Link
zorr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
Try "avsr" instead.
That's perfect, thank you!

I decided to run some benchmarks which one is faster and also do some tests with the poll frequency. Apparently avsr is starting up faster than VirtualDub.

When running a validation on the first pareto front of denoise.avs (2000 iterations) it's finished with VirtualDub in 54.1 seconds but with avsr it's 0.6 seconds faster (measured average of 5 runs). If I change the poll frequency from 100ms to 50ms the difference is even larger, about 1.8 seconds. I tried intervals 25ms and 10ms too, there's still improvement but probably not enough to justify the cost. I decided to change the poll frequency to 50ms. With that change and using avsr the validation runs about 5% faster.

Do you mind if I add avsr to the AvisynthOptimizer package and use it as the default script runner? I will of course document that this is software made by you.

It would be nice if I could determine automatically which Avisynth platform (x86 or x64) the user is running, then I could skip one manual step of the installation.

Last edited by zorr; 16th September 2018 at 21:03. Reason: Added percentage of speedup
zorr is offline   Reply With Quote