Thread: VirtualDub2
View Single Post
Old 17th October 2018, 18:21   #685  |  Link
Morku

Hi, I want to capture avi with an usb grabber which works without issue, but... the preview image not work.

Weirdly it worked at the first attempt. I go to capture mode and Video was set to Overlay and it was previewed. Then I opened Capture settings and the preview image got stuck... So I closed, reopen VirtualDub -> no more preview.
So I changed "Display with Filters" and got a (distorted) preview, but it worked... also only for a moment. Next day, now every preview not show an image
So I deleted the VirtualDub regedit settings to start from beginning, but no chance, I don't get a preview.

The only way to get a preview is, when I open the Cropping dialog.
So I wanted to cheat VirtualDub and start a recording during Cropping dialog is open. Of course, it doesn't work. It also not work to open Cropping dialog when it is in capture mode.
Even open a second VirtualDub instance not work, because the USB grabber is taken of the first VirtualDub...

Any idea how I get the preview back and what made the preview vanish. Many thank you for the idea.

The Device itself is Dazzle DVC100 Video Device (DirectShow)

Capturing the videosource just works, but without the preview I can't see if there is content.
Morku is offline   Reply With Quote