View Single Post
Old 29th January 2020, 20:24   #3313  |  Link
dr_ml422

Just spotted this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito View Post
Yes, of course, but I do not think that this is even necessary...

Comparing the logs I noticed that "Olymus has fallen" uses the ColorMatrix command to convert the colorimetry from HD (Rec.709) to SD (Rec.601). And this results in correct colors.

"Angel has fallen" does not use the Colormatrix command, and this results in darker and more greenish colors. This is an indication that the source file uses Rec.709, but is incorrectly flagged so AVStoDVD cannot recognize the source colorimetry.

This can be easily fixed by adding the ColorMatrix command manually.

https://i.postimg.cc/0Q1wyyPZ/Colormatrix.png

Add the Colormatrix command and use a source value of 0 and a target value of 2. This should fix it.

In any case your issue has nothing to do with the audio conversion. The FFmpeg AC3 encoder should have a slight edge over Aften these days, but I doubt that you will be able to hear the difference.

Cheers
manolito

So, there was something going on after all, even if it wasn't the Audio Encoder as I thought. This is too advanced for me right now. I can only try to do some troubleshooting whenever something pops up. This ColorMatrix command then has been the culprit in several encodings which I previously noticed darker colors.

I won't update anything regarding AVStoDVD unless it's a formal update, so Mediainfo will stay the same in that folder. I do need it installed because it helps me see what actually is in my files if I want or need something different, or to troubleshoot.

Right now MPC-HC doesn't want to play a .mkv file which plays just fine everywhere else, and so Mediainfo might be able to shed some light. Thanks.
dr_ml422 is offline   Reply With Quote