View Single Post
Old 1st October 2015, 01:26   #19  |  Link
avih
Capture, Deinterlace

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalor View Post
Regarding the file hoster, i dont care which one i am using. Make a suggestion :-)
Open source your code, put it on github, and use github releases to host your releases. Or just pay for some host and put up a web page for this application. Or find a free one. Really, up to you.

Quote:
I upload every release also directly into the forum, but it takes about a week until the forum file gets the admin approval and this is the reason why i am uploading the file also to a different location.
Because admins don't approve attachments daily.

Quote:
As i know that there are is no malware hidden in my tool i am sure all 4 hits are false positives.
I didn't say it was malware, just that the scan found threats and I don't intend to dig into it. Also, if you had malicious intents (which I believe you don't, but still), then your response would have been the same, something like "yeah, they're all false positives, go ahead and use it".

Bottom line, we don't have the resources to validate which threats are false positives, discuss it with authors which upload executables, and put the time into figuring out whether or not it's actually a threat.

Just find a proper external host for your files, free or payed-for or github, and use it as the main distribution for your releases.

Last edited by avih; 1st October 2015 at 01:46.
avih is offline   Reply With Quote