View Single Post
Old 2nd February 2018, 21:54   #18  |  Link
Selur

Quote:
Please let me know if something doesn't seem correct or if you have any other feedback.
Some (optional) progress indication would be nice even when not using '-verbose 1'. First thought nothing was happening until I realized that xvcenc actually was using <7% of the available cpu using:
Code:
ffmpeg -y -loglevel fatal -threads 8  -i "H:/sequence/ED-360-png/%05d.png" -frames:v 15691 -an -sn  -vsync 0 -pix_fmt yuv420p  -f yuv4mpegpipe - | xvcenc.exe -input-file - -verbose 1 -output-file h:\test.xvc
The process indication should at least output the current frame number (missing that with 'verbose 1' too ), since at least for longer sequences it is kind of hard to at least have a rough

Also a question what does qp stand for? I assumed that it would stand for quantizer parameter, but a range from -64 to 63 seems rather strange to me since I would normally assume that a quantizer of 0 would mean lossless. So what would happen with negative quantizers?
With the default qp (32) and verbose output enabled I see that the qp is fluctuating

So:
Good news: Encoding seems to be working.
(kind of expected) Bad news: no multi threading at all.

Cu Selur

Ps.: took me 35269 s to encode 15691 pictures, so more than 2 seconds per frame with 6-7% cpu usage.

Last edited by Selur; 3rd February 2018 at 09:22. Reason: added ps with encoding time
Selur is offline   Reply With Quote